This is one of my favorite recipes since its so easy to put together. Trying to find more easy alkaline recipes has definitely been a welcomed challenge. This one feels and tastes like comfort food on a Sunday. It was hard for me to share this with my kids because it was so good!
• 1 packet of oyster mushrooms (you can find them at whole foods or your local Asian grocery store)
• Grape seed oil for frying.
• Glass jar of marinated artichokes (I used trader Joe’s)
In a bowl add:
• 1 1/2 cups of spelt flour
• 1 tb of salt
• 2 tsps of black pepper
• 2 tbsps of onion powder
• 1 tbsp of sweet paprika powder
• Add Ingredients into a large Ziplock bag and lightly shake
• Add the frying oil to a cast iron skillet. Adjust the heat to medium (allow the heat to warm the pan before adding any mushrooms to prevent soggy recipes
• Once the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and fry on each side until firm and crispy, about 3-4 minutes in total
• Repeat this until all mushrooms and artichokes have been fried
• Place on a cooling rack until ready to be served